Welcome YSlow Open Source
I’m a big fan of open source software, so to see Yahoo! open sourcing a tool like YSlow is awesome. If you’re not familiar, YSlow is:
YSlow analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages. Feature highlights:
- Grades web page based on one of three predefined ruleset or a user-defined ruleset;
- It offers suggestions for improving the page’s performance;
- Summarizes the page’s components;
- Displays statistics about the page;
- Provides tools for performance analysis, including Smush.it™ and JSLint.
There are a number of browser extensions you can install to test your own sites, and I’m hoping the open sourcing of YSlow may attract a more active development cycle from here on out.